September 24, 2010

25/365

On this day (Thursday 23rd) in 63BC, Caesar Augustus, first Roman Emperor, was born in Rome. 

Untitled

A long day in the saddle, it was well after dark when I hit Carrick-on-Shannon but had to stretch the legs. I'd forgotten how interesting the waterfront became at night so took a few shots by the marina. Last time I photographed this scene it was under about six feet of water as a result of the November floods. Just a quick snap, I wasn't even bothered by the lens flare. This town has great potential for a night/strobist shoot ... any takers?


Photo: Camera on tripod. Single frame with adjustments made to White Balance in ARC. Lens - 17-55mm @ 52mm. ISO 100. 13 second exposure @ f/10.


I note that Blogspot have made changes to their post editor. The date on a blog post is updated if subsequent edits are added to the original post. Thus the Friday, as opposed to the Thursday date for this post ... hate that!