December 16, 2010

109/365

On this day in 1809, Napoleon Bonaparte was divorced from the Empress Josephine by an act of the French Senate.

I'd Rather Trust a Dealer

I went to see an exhibition today in the Gallery of Photography in Temple Bar. There are some fine young photographers out there at the moment. I was particularly interested in the work of Kirsty O'Keeffe and the use of artificial light in her portraits from suburbia.
The short stroll from Thomas St. presented me with a chance to take a few snaps of my own. In a 'Cartier-Bresson' moment, I positioned myself in a dark lane facing Essex St. and waited for life to appear. My patience only lasted 10 minutes, the man in the three-piece suit, never materialised ... I got some very suspicious stares from passers-by. I have no idea who that woman is, she just had to come back for a second look, and now I've frozen that moment for eternity ... or at least until my latest hard-drive crashes.

Photo: Hand-held in low light and colourless conditions. ISO 1000. 1/60 @ f/6.3

I'd Rather Trust a Dealer 2