January 6, 2011

130/365

On this day in 1540, King Henry VIII of England was married to Anne of Cleves, his fourth wife.

Drumod Revisited

Disillusioned with yesterdays shot of Drumod station, I returned today about half an hour after sunset (5.00pm). I still wouldn't be happy with this interpretation although the exposure is generally better with more detail in surfaces. By chance, I just about managed to catch the train pulling away from the platform which added a bit of movement to this otherwise static scene.

Photo: same as previous shot except this is a shorter exposure at 10 seconds and aperture closed down to f/13.

Annaville Ranelagh Dublin

A trip down memory lane for me with this one. Had reason to be in Ranelagh, Dublin today and parked my car in Annaville. I lived in a basement flat here for a number of years in the late 1980's. I distinctly remember that my rent was £18 per week and was collected by a very pleasant lady called Elizebeth whose brother, Ambrose, lived above me. They were relatively difficult times but I was very happy here.