February 2, 2011

157/365

On this day in 1901, Queen Victoria's funeral takes place.

The Castle 3

This shot was taken at the back entrance to Dublin Castle at Ship Street. It's a busy day, there's a lot of running about, there's bits and pieces of everything started but nothing is finished ... sound familiar?
I'm very fond of this lane and hope to use it for a shoot some day when the right job comes along. I love it's orientation towards the sun, the arched opening fills with light in the early morning this time of year. I spent almost 30 minutes leaning against the wall, waiting for something to happen in the framed archway, something ... anything! However, I was a little disappointed. I managed to catch a few silhouettes to generate a point of interest against the backdrop of the stepped lane.