May 23, 2011

West Coast Sea Study

West Quarter Inishbofin
Since Easter, the weather here seems to have turned, we were spoiled with sunshine in April but where has it got ... and will we see it again ... this side of Christmas? We are promised winds of up to 140km over the next two days, time to put the garden furniture in again. President Obama visits our shores in the morning, I wish him the very best of luck and hope he enjoys his brief stay.

Photo: 10-20mm lens @ 10mm. ISO 100. 25 second exposure @ f/16. I used a B+W 10 stop filter to get that slow shutter speed.

Inishbofin 20
This unusual house is built into the hillside in the vicinity of Inishbofin Harbour. I have mixed feelings about it's design and location. I guess on one level, I admire the boldness of it's form and colour but on the other hand I'm asking how the hell they got planning permission and am a bit upset about the apparent lack of consideration for the surrounding landscape. When I reconcile my position on this, I'll let you know.

Photo: 17-55mm lens @ 55mm. ISO 100. 1/200 @ f/9.

More from Inishbofin HERE.