January 20, 2012

Kelly's Supervalu - Boyle

Kelly's Supervalu Supermarket, Boyle L1020106

I came back to the car after getting some bits and pieces at the supermarket and was taken by the scene during this, 'the blue hour'. The light was poor and there was a constant buzz about the place with distracting head-lights blazing and the foot-traffic going too-and-fro. I propped the digital compact on the wing-mirror of my car and using manual mode, tapped in a 2-second exposure at ISO 100. I used the self-timer to take the shot.

Photo: Exif DataShot in JPEG with a Leica V-LUX 20. Processed in ACR with additional contrast and saturation adjusted in PS5. The result is noisy but from a 6mm x 4.5mm sensor, in these lighting conditions and using a compressed JPEG file, I was content with the result. The Lomo Effect was applied for visual appeal, not to disguise the poor quality of the shot.