October 7, 2010

39/365

On this day in 2001, The U.S. and Great Britain began airstrikes in Afghanistan in response to that state's support of terrorism and Osama bin Laden. The act was the first military action taken in response to the terrorist attacks on the U.S. on September 11, 2001.

Welcome Committee

It's becoming difficult to maintain my commitment to this 365, things are particularly hectic and I'm busy preparing for a post-xmas exhibition. It's still the little things that make a difference to my life, like the extended family members assembling to send me on my way or to welcome me home.

Photo: A snapshot I couldn't resist as I left the house the other morning. Shot from sitting in the car with a 70-200mm lens resting on the door sash. ISO 400. 1/1600 @ f/2.8 - not recommended camera settings here for this kind of shot but there was no time for fiddling with buttons when I knew that, in a flash, the livestock would disperse in all directions ... and they did!