January 23, 2011

147/365

On this day in 1989, Surrealist artist Salvador Dali died in Spain at age 84. Check this out.

Ghost

Some new images of Dublin City. This one from the Docklands. I know there's been much written about the abandoned building sites across Ireland these past two years by people much better at words that me, so I'm not going to go on about it. The docklands area has some of Ireland's finest contemporary architecture and has benefited from massive development since the early 1990s. That said, it's a pretty lonely place at the moment, despite the fine blocks of apartments and extension to the urban rail system that connects 'The Point' with Connolly Station. This particular structure caught my curious eye and the scene pretty much reflects what it looks like today and how I felt about it.