January 26, 2011

150/365

On this day in 1998, President Clinton says "I want to say one thing to the American people I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

Time Traveller


4pm Train from Connolly Station, Dublin to Sligo. Somewhere in Leitrim! I'm settling nicely into my now routine commute by train. It's great having the facility to be productive with my time compared to the daily 200 mile drive by car. This could be a critique of Irish Rail if I thought anyone was interested but I'm in a good place today and in a more positive and optimistic frame of mind.
Having no image for Wednesday and an empty carriage to play in, I set up this shot between stations. Without the assistance of flash, I was forced to use ISO values of +2500, and that with the aperture fully open on a 2.8 lens. The constant vibration of the train did little to contribute to image sharpness. In the end, I resorted to flash, bounced off the ceiling. I was able to drop ISO to 400 but the result is less than satisfactory and still lacking the sharpness I've come to expect from my gear. I put it down to the fact that the camera was simply resting on it's bag and not secure. I'm sure I would do much better with a hand-held shot. I like this angle, shooting between the seats reflects that 'people watching' thing we do when standing at bus stops or looking out a cafe window. In any case, do say hello if we meet on the train.