January 27, 2011

151/365

On this day in 1997, It was revealed that French national museums were holding nearly 2,000 works of art stolen from Jews by the Nazis during World War II.

A Thursday

This, taken today in Dublin standing on the LUAS platform in front of BusÁras. I stood at the end of the platform and 'framed-up', waiting for something to happen in the viewfinder. This was a famous Cartier-Bresson tactic on the streets of Paris in the 40s and 50s. He had been a big-game hunter and was used to waiting for and stalking his prey. He often used the same approach in his photography. Unlike Cartier-Bresson however, my prey never really materialised so I had to be content with this mouse instead. I simply liked the way the various elements came together in the frame and the combination of colours on this otherwise dull and colourless day, were visually appealing. I was waiting for an interesting subject to diagonally cross the track towards me to complete the composition, but it was not to be ... maybe next time.


Photo: Hand-held, single frame. It was late afternoon and the light was very poor, a dull and cloudy day, I thought it might even rain, thus ISO 400. 1/100 @ f/3.5.