June 19, 2011

Tutankhamun at the RDS

Tutankhamun Exhibition at The RDS Dublin
This morning, after a sunrise photo shoot on the Bricklieve Mountains in Sligo, my son and I went to Dublin to see the Tutankhamun exhibition at the RDS. I've been a big fan of Ancient Egyptian Art for many years but I've never been to Egypt. Although all the items in the exhibition are replicas, it gave a very authentic account of the most famous archaeological find in history and the circumstances of it's discovery. Expensive I thought, then this is Ireland, worth a visit on a rainy day if you have an interest in Ancient Egypt.

Photo: Photography allowed, but no flash! Easy to see why as the whole exhibition is in virtual darkness from a photographers point-of-view. I resorted to a 50mm f/1.4 prime lens for the few shots I took but enjoyed the challenge of it all. ISO 1000. 1/80 @ f/2.5